Dormitories in Kiel
Our halls of residence in Kiel offer a home to 1,936 students. No matter in which of our nine dormitories you live, they are always close to one of Kiel's universities. This means that you will never have to walk very far to get to a lecture or seminar. If you prefer to have your own space, then a single apartment is the right choice for you. If you are looking for a connection on campus: We also offer rooms in shared apartments and double apartments.
The Christian-Albrecht-Haus is located in Kiel's villa district Düsternbrook, only 500 meters from the Kiel Fjord. Comfortable learning, meeting with friends or learning breaks directly at the water can be part of your everyday life.
It takes about 15 minutes by bike to get to the main train station. The nearest bus stops are Roonstraße and Yorkstraße. Depending on the bus line, it takes between 15 and 25 minutes to get to the station. You can also reach the Kiel University of Applied Sciences on the other side of the fjord by ferry.
The two buildings contain 109 residential units with rooms and apartments. The dormitory has fast and powerful WLAN, washing machines and dryers, and a bicycle storage room. Parking spaces are limited. In addition, a fireplace room, a library, and a music room invite you to meet with your fellow residents.
- 46 rooms with shared use of sanitary and kitchen facilities, rent 211-232 €
- 55 furnished single rooms with bathroom and shared kitchen, rent 229-244 €
- 2 furnished shared flats for 3 people with kitchen and bathroom in the shared flat, rent 211-371 €
- 2 unfurnished apartments for couples or single parents, rent 366 €
Niemannsweg 149 and 152
The Dr.-Oetker-Haus is located only two kilometers from the Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel. It takes ten minutes to get to the Audimax by bike. By bus it takes you between 10 and 15 minutes. The nearest bus stops are Steenbeker Weg and Gurlittstraße.
The dormitory has 125 units, which are divided into apartments and shared apartments. Fast and powerful WLAN is available to you. There are washing machines and dryers, a bicycle cellar and sufficient parking spaces. There is a common room in the basement.
- 98 furnished double apartments with own sanitary facilities, common use of the corridor kitchens (for 14 residents), rent 245 €
- 17 furnished single apartments, rent 255-322 €
- 2 furnished 3-person shared apartments, rent 202-240 €
- 1 furnished 4-person shared apartment, rent 201 €
Projensdorfer Straße 155
The dormitory Edo-Osterloh-Haus is located only a few kilometers away from the Christian-Albrechts-University. By bike and bus you can reach the Audimax and Mensa I in ten minutes. The bus stops Steenbeker Weg and Lubinus Klinik are just around the corner.
The dormitory has 536 living units. Washing machines and dryers are available in the building. Fast and powerful WLAN is available to you. There are plenty of parking spaces.
- 112 furnished single rooms with shared use of sanitary and kitchen areas (maximum 15 rooms/corridor), rent 231-273 €
- 25 3-person furnished shared apartments, rent 245-305 €.
- 28 4-person furnished shared apartments, rent 260 - 325 €
- 18 5-person furnished shared apartment, rent 260 - 489 €
- 1 6-person furnished shared apartment, rent 242 - 267 €
- of which 2 conditionally wheelchair accessible furnished rooms, rent 324 €
- 66 furnished single apartments with shower/WC with shared use of kitchen areas (maximum 16 rooms/corridor), rent 254-363 € of which 3 conditionally wheelchair-accessible furnished units, rent 313 - 327 €
- 74 furnished single apartments with shower/WC and pantry kitchen, rent 279 - 420 €
- 1 unfurnished apartment for couples or single parents with child, rent 410 €
Steenbeker Weg 4-26
The Max-Kade-Haus is located directly on the CAU campus. So you won't have far to go to your lectures and seminars. In addition, the dormitory is located directly between Mensa I and II. So if you don't feel like cooking, you don't have to walk far. From the Leibnizstraße bus stop, it takes 20 minutes to get to the main train station.
In the dormitory there are 143 accommodation units available. The rooms are all furnished and have terraces and balconies from which you can look out over the greenery around the building. There are washing machines and dryers in the dormitory as well as a common room. Fast and powerful WLAN is available to you.
Types of housing
- 105 single apartments (own shower/WC/pantry kitchen), rent 295 €
- 36 rooms in shared apartments (two showers/WCs and fitted kitchen), rent 285 €
- 2 conditionally wheelchair accessible apartments, rent 335 €
The Professor-Anschütz-Haus is located directly between the CAU and Kiel's shopping mile Holtenauer Straße. You can reach the campus in just a few minutes on foot and it is also not far to Mensa I.
The dormitory comprises 206 accommodation units, which are distributed among the "Doktorandenhaus", the "Damenhaus" and the "Herrenhaus". The rooms are between 10 and 20 square meters in size and are mostly furnished. Fast and powerful WLAN is available to you. There are washing machines and dryers in the dormitory as well as common rooms. Parking spaces can be rented.
- 2 furnished 2-person shared apartments, rents 232 - 379 €
- 1 3-person shared apartment (1 room furnished, 2 rooms unfurnished), rents 221 - 240 €
- 6 furnished flat-sharing communities with 4 flats, rents 278 - 451 €
- 4 furnished shared flats with 5 flats (1 room unfurnished), rents 201 - 355 €
- 1 unfurnished apartment for single parents with child, rent 328 €
- 105 apartments with own WC/shower + shared kitchen, rent 276 - 379 €
- 47 apartments with own WC/shower + pantry kitchen, rent 276 - 375 €
The dormitory is located in the Ravensberg district of Kiel and close to the CAU campus. You are therefore not far from the sports facilities, the dining halls and the lecture halls and seminar rooms. It takes between 20 and 30 minutes by bus to get to the main train station. You can get there faster by bike.
The dormitory consists of 301 apartments. In addition to single apartments, there are also shared apartments. Fast and powerful WLAN is available to you. Washing machines and dryers are available. There is a common room in house 10, and there are plenty of parking spaces for your car.
- 156 furnished single apartments with own sanitary facilities, common use of the corridor kitchen, rent 248 €.
- 56 furnished and unfurnished rooms in 2-person shared apartments, rent 240-250 €
- 84 furnished and unfurnished rooms in 3-person shared apartments, rent 240-245 €
- 3 furnished rooms in 3-person shared apartment with two bathrooms and kitchen, rent 285-350 €
- 2 furnished single apartments with kitchenette and bathroom for people with disabilities, rent 343 €
The Studentendorf is located in the middle of the CAU campus. So you don't have far to go to your events and the library, the university sports facilities and the refectory are also within easy reach. It takes about 20 minutes by bus to get to Kiel's main train station.
The dormitory has 239 units, which are both furnished and unfurnished. Rooms on the first floor have a terrace, which is a great place to study in the summer. Some of the upper floors have balconies. There are washing machines and dryers in the student village. You have access to fast and powerful WLAN. There are plenty of parking spaces and you can park your bike in the bike houses.
Types of housing
- 37 furnished and unfurnished 4-bed shared apartments, rents 258-283 €.
- 3 unfurnished apartments with shower/WC and pantry kitchen, rent 281 €
- 3 unfurnished apartments with shower/WC and kitchen for couples, rent 377 €
- 6 conditionally wheelchair-accessible rooms in unfurnished 2-person shared apartments, rent 262 €
The dormitory in Dietrichsdorf is located right next to Kiel University of Applied Sciences. This makes getting up for 8 a.m. lectures a bit more bearable. It takes 25 minutes by bus to get to Kiel's main train station on the other side of the river. With the ferry you are even faster.
The dormitory consists of 97 apartments, both furnished and unfurnished. The shared apartments are all equipped with shower/WC and fitted kitchen. Fast and powerful WLAN is available to you. Washing machines and dryers are available. There is also a bicycle storage room. Parking spaces can be rented.
- 2 6-person shared flats, rent 255-269 €
- 14 5-person shared flats, rent 255-285 €
- 2 4-person shared flats, rent 255-289 €
- 1 3-person shared flat, rent 260 €
- 2 2-person shared flats, rent 265-285 €
- 4 conditionally wheelchair-accessible rooms in a 5-person shared flat, rent 255-269 €
The dormitory in Bremerstraße is close to the CAU. You don't have to go far by bike or on foot. Holtenauer Straße - a shopping mile in Kiel - is just around the corner.
180 housing units are distributed among furnished and unfurnished rooms in 5-person shared apartments, which have two showers/WC and a fitted kitchen. The apartments go over two levels. Outside the apartments there is a common room where you can meet with your flatmates. You will have fast and powerful wifi at your disposal. Washing machines, dryers and a bicycle storage room are also available. Parking spaces can be rented.
- 66 furnished rooms in 5-person shared flats, rent 277 €
- 114 unfurnished rooms in 5-person shared flats, rent 272 €