The shortage of skilled workers has long been an issue that companies in Germany inevitably have to deal with. The Studentenwerk SH is no exception, which is why the topic of promoting young talent through sound training is very close to our hearts. Every year, the Studentenwerk SH offers places for various apprenticeship professions. Due to the many different areas of responsibility, training at the Studentenwerk SH is very varied and offers a good insight into the structure of a medium-sized company.
The colleagues accompany the trainees throughout the entire training period and support them with specific preparation for the exams. Regular meetings of the trainees allow for joint exchange and independent organization of projects, such as the company's sports day.
Benefits for our trainees:
- Collectively agreed training allowance according to the TVA-L BBiG as well as reliable payment
- Special annual payment (Christmas bonus)
- Company pension plan
- Capital-forming benefits
- Flexible working hours (flexitime) or regulated and family-friendly working hours (predominant working hours Mon - Fri 06:45 - 15:15), depending on location
- 30 days of vacation (December 24 and 31 are days off, on which no vacation has to be taken).
- 5 days special leave for exam preparation
- Mobile working (only for commercial apprenticeships)
- Provision of a company laptop for the entire training period
- Reduced-price lunch in the cafeterias and free mineral water
- Further training opportunities for personal and professional development
- Events for all employees (e.g.: summer party, sports day, Christmas party)
- Provision and cleaning of uniforms (for cooks)
If you would like to learn even more about training at Studentenwerk SH and get an impression of the trainees' work, you can stop by our Instagram channel.
Our apprenticed professions
During your training as a chef, you will learn how to process various foods into delicious dishes. In our dining halls, you will be taught the techniques of large-scale catering by experienced kitchen teams. You will learn how to cook à la carte during an internship in one of our partner companies.
You will be taught various tasks, such as preparing and serving dishes. You will also get an overview of what needs to be considered when working in a large kitchen.
The kitchen staff will support you throughout your training and help you with any questions or problems you may have.
The vocational school is located at the RBZ for Social Affairs, Nutrition and Construction in Kiel. This is where the theoretical part of the training is taught. The lessons take place in the form of block instruction. If you complete your training at another location, these are the vocational schools you will attend:
- Lübeck: Gewerbeschule Lübeck, Vocational School of the Hanseatic City of Lübeck.
- Heide: Elmshorn Vocational School
- Flensburg: Hannah-Arendt-Schule, Regional Vocational Training Center Flensburg
At Studentenwerk SH, you can expect a varied field of work in different administrative areas. During your entire training period, you will work in several of our different departments: Human Resources. Retention - Development - Organization, Student Housing, Facility Management and Construction, University Catering, Office of Student Financial Aid and the Commercial Department. In each department, you will be a valued team member and will be given tasks to complete independently and responsibly. We promote your personal development with regular projects and learning tasks that you work on independently. In addition, you may be required to support your colleagues at field service appointments or meetings. Due to the many different fields of activity that you will get to know, your training at Studentenwerk SH will always be exciting and interesting.
You will complete the theoretical part of your training at the RBZ Wirtschaft in Kiel. Classes are part-time, which means that in the first year of your apprenticeship you will attend school twice a week and in the second and third year only once a week.
During your training in digitization management, you will work in our IT department, where you will learn how to develop data structures and databases, as well as how to ensure error-free applications, updates and improvements to our in-house information and communications technology. You will also be the contact person for your colleagues and help them if there are problems with software programs.
The vocational school is located at the RBZ Wirtschaft in Kiel. Classes are held in blocks, which means that you are at school for eight weeks at a time.
You can find the application deadlines for the individual training programs in the respective job advertisements.
You are motivated, committed, can work independently and are also open-minded? Then you are exactly right with us.
Inform yourself well beforehand about the work of the Studentenwerk SH and about the apprenticeship.
Commercial apprenticeships: 01 August or 01 September (see the respective job description)
Apprenticeships in gastronomy: 01 September
Remuneration is based on the TVA-L BBiG.
As of January 1, 2020:
1st year of training: 1,036.82 euros
2nd year of training: 1,090.96 euros
3. Training year: 1,140.61 euros
4. Training year: 1,209.51 Euro
The main administrative location of the Studentenwerk SH is Mensa I, Westring 385, 24118 Kiel. In addition, we also train or parts of your training can take place at the following locations:
- University Catering/Mensa II, Leibnizstraße 14, 24118 Kiel
- Facility Management/Building, Steenbeker Weg 20, 24106 Kiel
- Office for Training Assistance, Faulstraße 17, 24103 Kiel
- Mensa Flensburg, Thomas-Fincke-Strasse 20, 24943 Flensburg
- Mensa Lübeck, Mönkhofer Weg 241, 23562 Lübeck
- Mensa Heide, Fritz-Thiedemann-Ring 20a, 25746 Heide
- Hotel Kieler Yacht Club, Kiellinie 70, 24105 Kiel (partner company for training chefs)
- RBZ Wirtschaft Kiel, Westring 444, 24118 Kiel, www.rbz-wirtschaft-kiel.de
- RBZ 1 Kiel, Gellertstraße 18 c, 24114 Kiel, www.rbz1.de
- Gewerbeschule Lübeck, Vocational School of the Hanseatic City of Lübeck, Parade 2, 23552 Lübeck, www.gewerbeschule-luebeck.eu
- Elmshorn Vocational School, Langelohe 4, 25337 Elmshorn, www.bs-elmshorn.de
- Hannah-Arendt-Schule, Regional Vocational Training Center Flensburg, Institution under Public Law, Friesische Lücke 17, 24937 Flensburg, www.has-fl.de