Study start-up assistance
The "Studienstarthilfe" is a one-time, earmarked grant from the state of Schleswig-Holstein for prospective students from low-income families to finance special expenses such as registration fees, semester fees and study-specific purchases. This is intended to make it easier for students to start their studies in Schleswig-Holstein.
Study startup help overview
You can apply for the study start assistance if you:
- receive one of the following benefits in the month of application, either alone or through a community of need:
Unemployment benefit II
Benefits under the Asylum Seekers' Benefits Act
or you live in an inpatient facility for children and youths or in a foster family
- and you are under 30 years of age
- the enrollment period has not yet expired on the day of application
- and you wish to enroll for the first time at a university within the area of responsibility of the Studentenwerk Schleswig-Holstein.
You must submit the application before the start of your studies, i.e. after admission and before enrollment.
How to make the application?
- Download the application form from our website and fill it out.
- Copy the proof of government benefits you are receiving.
- Attach a copy of the admission letter (for non-admission subjects: copy of the application).
- Send the complete application and required supporting documents to email@example.com for preliminary review. We will then check at short notice whether you are eligible to apply and send you further information.
- If everything fits, we will transfer 800 € to you.