Living for help
"Living for Help" is a project that creates living space for students on the one hand, and on the other hand focuses on housing partnerships between students, families, senior citizens and people with disabilities.
Numerous older people in Kiel and the surrounding area live alone in spacious flats or houses. Everyday tasks are becoming increasingly burdensome. Often there is a desire for company and conversation. Nevertheless, they do not want to give up their familiar surroundings and above all their independence. By providing housing, a housing partnership can maintain independence and fulfil the desire for companionship by providing small help in everyday life.
But not only older people, but also families can benefit from housing partnerships. In addition to help in the household, which relieves the family, for example, homework can be looked after, pets can be cared for or the children can be supervised.
There are many students who have a social interest in a partnership or are looking for affordable housing due to their economic situation and the housing situation in Kiel. For them, the project is an exciting opportunity because they do not have to pay rent. However, the rule applies: one hour of help per square metre of living space per month. In addition, there are pro rata ancillary costs for heating and electricity.
In order to successfully bring even more living couples together in the future, our social project "Housing for Help" is currently being evaluated and optimized.
Please understand that we will therefore not be able to arrange residential partnerships in the next few weeks. We'll be back for you soon. Submitting the questionnaires to Wohnenfuerhilfe@studentenwerk.sh is of course still possible.
Are you interested in a housing partnership? Then simply follow the next steps.
- Please fill out one of the two questionnaires Housing Providers or Room Seekers and submit it to the project manager.
- The project manager will visit the housing providers to find out about the flat or house. The questionnaire can also be filled out together.
- The questionnaire is used to identify suitable partners. The student receives one or more contact addresses of housing providers. (Only name and telephone number will be given).
- The meeting of both parties can be accompanied by the project leader - if desired.
- During the meetings it is important to exchange information about habits and wishes.
- If both parties are interested in a housing partnership, a housing partnership agreement is concluded. The conclusion of the agreement can also be accompanied by the project leader, otherwise we ask you to inform the project leader about the conclusion of the agreement.
- If you have any questions or problems, the project manager is available at any time after the mediation.
If a housing partnership is to succeed, it is important to take enough time to get to know each other and to exchange ideas about habits. This avoids surprises.
It is advisable to meet several times before signing a contract and to communicate your own wishes and expectations.
It helps to avoid later misunderstandings or disappointments if the desired services are specified as precisely as possible in terms of type and scope, but also the shared use of other areas in the apartment or house, in the residential partnership contract and/or in a mutual agreement. When the partnership is up and running, a record of activities can be kept.