The Student Union SH
We provide you with the following services:
- Inexpensive, healthy and varied meals in our dining halls, cafeterias and café lounges.
- Affordable housing close to the university in our dormitories
- Financial support
- A wide range of counseling services
- Offers for international students
- Childcare in our daycare centers
- Support for cultural and creative activities
All information about the Studentenwerk SH is available here in a compact brochure.
The Studentenwerk Schleswig-Holstein is responsible for students of the following universities and universities of applied sciences in the state:
- European University Flensburg
- Flensburg University of Applied Sciences
- Christian-Albrechts University in Kiel
- Kiel University of Applied Sciences with the Department of Agricultural Economics in Rendsburg/Osterrönfeld
- Muthesius University of the Arts, Kiel
- University of Lübeck
- Lübeck University of Technology
- Lübeck University of Music
- West Coast University of Applied Sciences, Heide
- University of Applied Sciences, Wedel
In addition, the Office for Educational Support also serves the universities:
In Kiel, Lübeck, Flensburg, Heide, Wedel and Osterrönfeld, the Studentenwerk SH operates a total of 50 facilities of various kinds: In Osterrönfeld near Rendsburg there is a small cafeteria and in Wedel a cafeteria and a dormitory. In Heide, there is a cafeteria with an adjoining café lounge, a dormitory, and a counseling center for student life. At the three major university locations Flensburg, Kiel and Lübeck there are refectories, cafeterias, dormitories, cultural offers, day care centers as well as a counseling center for student life and a psychological counseling center.
The office of the Studentenwerk SH is located on the upper floor of Mensa I in Kiel (Westring 385).
The Studentenwerk Schleswig-Holstein has three governing bodies:
1. administrative board: the administrative board consists of representatives of the universities. Each university sends two representatives for every 3,000 or part thereof of its students. Half of these representatives must be students.
2. executive board: The executive board manages the Studentenwerk SH. It is composed of students with equal rights. The members of the board are:
- Prof. Dr. Malte Braack, Chairman of the Executive Board
- Susann Schrader, managing director
- Jakob Meinel, student member of the universities
- Kim Lara Berthold, student member of the universities of applied sciences and the University of Music Lübeck
- Lukas Peschke, representative student member of the universities
- Sven Kessler, substitute student member of the universities of applied sciences and the University of Music Lübeck
3. managing director: the managing director is a member of the board and manages the day-to-day business. Susann Schrader has been managing the business since April 1, 2012.
Do you feel like getting involved in the committees of the Studentenwerk SH? Then write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Studentenwerk Schleswig-Holstein is a non-profit organization with legal capacity under public law. Here you can download our most important legal documents:
You can find the annual report and the organization chart of the Studentenwerk in our media library.
In the PDF you can see a map of the Mensa I, on which the position of the Service Point is marked. The Service Point is located on the first floor next to the South Entrance. You can download the map below.
The Service Point is the central contact point for students on the CAU campus. The colleagues at the information desk will be happy to help you with the following topics:
- Orientation and information about life on campus and in the city.
- Campus Card Service and CAU Card Service
The return and payment of the remaining balance of the Campus Card can also be requested with a form by mail: Form German - Form English
- Information about cultural offers and events of the Studentenwerk
- Information on services offered by the Studentenwerk (e.g. student life counseling, psychological counseling, counseling for international students, daycare centers)
- Lost and found office
- Application for the free Studi-Kinder-Teller of the Studentenwerk
Westring 385, 24118 Kiel
Tel.: 0431 8816-240
In 1994, the Studentenwerk Schleswig-Holstein founded Hochschulservice & Seeburg GmbH as a subsidiary to support its core business. It is a service provider for the Studentenwerk SH in the following areas: Cleaning and dishwashing services in the refectories, dormitories and daycare centers, locking services, removals, substitutes for janitors and the supervision of events.
In addition to innovative biotechnological cleaning agents from InnuScience, state-of-the-art tools and equipment are used for cleaning. Special emphasis is also placed on quality management and personnel development. Currently, almost 100 employees work more than 60,000 hours a year in 56 facilities at the university locations in Kiel, Flensburg, Lübeck and Heide.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact our employees directly, who are easily recognizable by their work clothes with the HSG logo, or contact the HSG by e-mail or telephone.
Hochschulservice & Seeburg GmbH
Steekberg 13, 24107 Kiel
Phone: 0431 8816-225
In the brochure "Studying in SH" we introduce ourselves and our services. You will find all the important information about the Studentenwerk and will be well informed after reading it.