Advice center for student life
You can contact our student life advising team for all issues and challenges related to your studies. Get in touch if you have questions or if things just don't work out. We advise you on:
Student financing and insurances
- Social benefits (BAföG basic information, child benefit, housing benefit, etc.)
- Jobbing, credits, loans, scholarships, parental support, ...
- Health, pension and accident insurance
Loans and funding
- Study start-up assistance from the Studentenwerk SH
- Birth grants from the Studentenwerk SH
- KFW student loan
Special study situations
- Study with a child
- Study with handicap and chronic illness (also psychological impairments)
- international students
Personal challenges and problems
- that do not require psychological counseling
Applies to all locations:
You can also make appointments with our employees. Please use our appointment form to request an appointment.
If your counseling center is not staffed, you can contact a staff member from another location by mail or phone. This also applies if you are studying in Wedel.